Wind Vane Suncatcher

Art & Design, Interior Design


Today I decided to do something with my old jewelry – I made this antique wind vane suncatcher:

Wind Vane Sun Catcher Wind Vane Sun Catcher

Hummingbird Tattoo Design

Art & Design

I was recently asked to draw a hummingbird design for a tattoo. I used my iPad Pro, my Apple Pencil (stylus) & the Paper app (by FiftyThree).

I found a beautiful color photo of a hummingbird in flight which I traced over in black & white:

Black & White Digital Drawing

To reduce the amount of black, I opened the file in Photoshop & adjusted the levels:

Brightened Design

Finally, to get the watercolor effect she  requested, I printed the black & white drawing & used a simple Crayola watercolor set to add the color:

Black & White Print with Watercolor

I think the final design looks amazing & she was very pleased. I can’t wait to see the final tattoo!

Mermaid Party!

Art & Design, My Life

My daughter, Isabelle, is getting ready to turn 1 on May 11th & the party planning has begun! I loved “The Little Mermaid” when I was little, so I wanted to do her first birthday party with a mermaid theme. I am already getting in the spirit by creating fun mermaid graphics to use on custom apparel & invitations.

T-Shirt Design

Art & Design

My niece asked me to design a T-shirt graphic for an upcoming family party dubbed the “Burke Bash”. It needed to be simple enough for her aunt to make the shirts with an iron-on vinyl appliqué printing process. She has a special printer that makes custom vinyl stickers that can be applied to plastic, fabric, glass, & metal. Because the party will include men, women & kids, the design needed to be fun, age appropriate plus not gender specific.

I went with a comic book style design that is fun & energetic:

The design is in black & white because I don’t know what color(s) vinyl they will use & leaves that part of the design open-ended. I can’t wait to see the final product!

Final Graphics for

Art & Design

We have decided to forgo creating seasonal promotions to advertise the website so I designed a set of generic all-encompassing graphics to display on the homepage & social media sites year round.

Homepage Slider Images:

Generic Slider Image 1

Generic Slider Image 2

Facbook & Twitter Cover Images:

Generic Cover Image

Social Media Post Graphic:

Generic Social Media Post

Home Page Banner:

Generic Homepage Banner